The following sections of the London Underground will be closed on race day. The top two are likely to directly affect many competitors:
- The “Bank branch” of the Northern line will be closed between Camden and Kennington – this is the line through Moorgate station which is one of the stations close to the event. You can still access Moorgate station via the Circle, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines.
- The Piccadilly line will be closed between Hammersmith and Northfields, and between Acton Town and Uxbridge. This means there is no direct London Underground service from Heathrow airport on race day. You can still travel from Heathrow airport via the Heathrow Express or Heathrow Connect train services.
- The District line is closed between West Kensington and Richmond, and West Kensington and Ealing Broadway.
- The London Overground will be closed between Richmond and Willesden Junction.
- Thameslink will be closed between St Pancras Midland Road and Blackfriars.
- Farringdon station will be closed.
Please see the location page for full details of how to travel to the event by air, train, tube, car, bike or bike share, and the Transport for London website for confirmation of engineering works affecting weekend travel in London.